Spring hasn’t even begun and yet there is already one highlight coming up you just can’t miss: Distant Fortune, Shaheen Dill-Riaz latest cinematic creation is set to premiere on March 7, 2015.
In Distant Fortune filmmaker Shaheen Dill-Riaz chronicles the exploits of several young German volunteers in Bangladesh just as the country is going through some very turbulent times. Watch a sensible and intimate portrayal of a group of young people who leave home to dive head-first into a culture that is new and alien to them. The volunteer’s youthful idealism is hit hard by an unrelenting reality that shows quite plainly how two very different worlds collide.
Distant Fortune will celebrate its premiere on March 7 at 18:00 at the Kino Moviemento in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany. The film will then be screened in 11 different German cities as part of a nationwide movie tour. Distant Fortune will first air on March 15 at 22:00 on the German TV channel 3sat.
Distant Fortune movie tour dates
The movie tour is organized by NETZ-Bangladesch, a German NGO that supports capacity building projects in Bangladesh.
- Berlin: March 7, 18:00 (Premiere) at Moviemento Kino
- Tönisvorst (Krefeld): March 9, 18:30 at Michael-Ende-Gymnasium
- Wetzlar: March 10, 18:00 at Rex Kinos
- Lich: March 11, 19:30 at Kino Traumstern
- Mannheim: March 12, 19:30 at Cinema Quadrat
- Bad Mergentheim: March 13, 15:00 at Movies
- Tübingen: March 14, 18.30 at Arsenal
- Weingarten: March 16, 20:15 at Kulturzentrum Linse
- Ulm: March 17, 19:00 at Obscura
- Freiburg: March 18, 19:30 at Kommunales Kino
- Karlsruhe: March 20, 18:30 at Schauburg